Saturday, October 9, 2010

New Goal: Draw Every Day

Recently, I lost my studio. On September 4, 2010 a 7.1 magnitude earthquake struck here in Christchurch, New Zealand. It was quite a shocker but all in all we weathered the storm relatively unscathed. However, the building that housed my studio and allowed me access to a nice little etching press was severely damaged and is off limits.

I had just geared up a nice suite of prints and was looking forward to making more. This studio was also a wonderful space to work on some very big paintings as well but the universe seemed to have other plans.
So what to do? Confined to my makeshift home studio and after perusing through the sketchbooks, I have come up with a plan. Draw every day. No matter what. If things look good, I may post them to my etsy site and see if there is any interest. Regardless, I will be drawing every day. And you can hold me to it. Check back for regular progress reports.

The first day of the rest of my visual life....

No comments:

Post a Comment