Friday, April 8, 2011

Latest Etchings

In recent days, I have been hustling the little ones off to their centers of learning and then burrowing into my new studio space and working feverishly on my latest group of etchings for my
Kickstarter project, "A Visual Life in the Roaring Forties".


It is quite the drive across town, with devastation, downed buildings, bulging roadways and the billowing clouds of fine dust brought to the surface through liquefaction. But art persists as does the vague semblance of normalcy. Here are a few of the latest efforts, all of which are very close to being done. I have been fiddling with some new methods of applying and etching the aquatints on these and am finally starting to get the hang of it. You can click on individual images to get a closer look...






No comments:

Post a Comment